The Local Government Tarining Centre of Latvia in cooperation with State Police is implementing Latvia-Swiss programme funded project "Children and Youth Offenders Individual Prevention Implementation in their residence"(2010.CH04/mic-178).
1. Social adjustment and social assistance program development for municipalities, which includes the prophylactic case development, preventive measures and alternative use of funds to provide opportunities for children and young people who are in police attention.
2. Social adjustment and social assistance programs for the creation of an inter-institutional involvement of specialists, local authorities and NGOs in order to prevent the causes that promote young offender perpetration and promote re-socialization of young offenders.
3. Reducing of social disparities and ensuring support activities that improve the quality of life for children and young people who are exposed to social exclusion being in police surveillance.
4. Strengthening public security in the country, reducing child and youth crime and ensuring that they become responsible and fully vested members of the public.
Target group: children and youth who are monitored by police, children and young offenders released from imprisonment of children who are returning to their homes.
Implementing Location: district Limbazu, district Dobele and district Balvi.
1. Problem situation exploration in specific counties in cooperation with the National Police Prevention Administration and counties State Police compartments, local authorities, NGOs and inter-institutional professionals.
2. Social adjustment and social assistance program guidelines and guidance material development.
3. Target group selection of young offenders in their homes Limbazu, Dobele and Balvi districts and target group implementation, which include individual and social assistance and social adjustment program development.
4. Based on target group social adjustment program implementation results and analysis social assistance and social adjustment program recommendations will be establishwd, after which the light of social assistance and social adjustment program will be marketed in other municipalities and the NGOs’.
1. Deliberate on the situation of social assistance and social adjustment program for the existence of each offender and professionals involved in the work;
2. Up of social assistance and social adjustments in the recommended program guidelines and methodological materials on the basis of all institutions responsible for the involvement of individual adjustments to the program design and implementation, based on Limbazu, Dobele and Balvi district young offenders crime analysis;
3. Selected target group participants: children and youth who are in Police surveillance.
Information prepared by
Project Coordinator Ance Fokerote
tel. +371 67551217; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org